Gallagher Visitor Information Guide
We welcome visitors. Our plant is our best sales tool. Contact Gallagher if you would like to arrange a visit to our facility in Gurnee, Illinois.
Not in the neighborhood? Let our CEO, Rick Gallagher, take you on a quick tour with our corporate video.
At Gallagher, safety is very important to us. When you visit, you will be provided with a copy of our Visitor Information Guide.
Welcome to Gallagher Corporation
We are committed to making your visit a safe and healthy one for you and others in the workplace.
This guide will provide you basic information about your visit, as well as to brief you on our company’s conduct, safety, and environment policies. Please take a moment and read this guide to ensure your safety during your visit.
If, at any time, you need additional assistance or information, please contact the receptionist, or ask your escort or anyone of our employees.
We wish you a pleasant, interesting and safe visit to our facility.
Safety and Quality before all else.
All visitors must sign the visitors’ log and will be given a visitor’s name badge. The name badge is to be worn throughout the visit. Visitors are to be escorted by Gallagher Corporation personnel at all times.
If you are disabled and feel that you may require assistance during an evacuation of the building, please advise reception staff upon signing in, so that arrangements can be made to assist with your evacuation.
Visitors are asked to sign confidentiality and safety agreements upon their arrival. This agreement between Gallagher Corporation and you will serve to protect confidential information that has economic value both to the Company and to its Customers.
Cell Phones/Cameras/Electronic Devices
No photographs or videos may be taken by visitors on these premises without authorization. Electronic devices may not be connected to the company network or Wi-Fi without authorization.
Safety and Rules of Conduct
- All visitors entering the manufacturing facility must be escorted.
- Wear visitors badge at all times.
- No weapons are allowed on Gallagher Corporation property.
- No food or beverages are allowed in the manufacturing areas of the facility.
- No Smoking. Smoking is expressly prohibited inside our facility. Smoking is only permitted in designated areas outside the building.
- Follow any verbal instructions given by your escort.
- Safety eyewear is required for employees and visitors during any visit to manufacturing areas.
- Steel-toed shoes are required when training or working on equipment. Please ask to be provided with safety gear if you do not have your own.
- Take care in logistics routes and open spaces and remain observant for factory traffic. Our forklift trucks share the same aisles as you will be walking in. Forklift warning horns and spotlights are in place, but be alert.
- Never leave the group or stray from a designated route.
- Don’t touch any parts or equipment, as many Gallagher Corporations processes are hot.
- Don’t attempt to operate any machine, device or equipment unless told to do so by your escort.
- Equipment marked as Lock-out/Tag-out is not operable.
- Don’t talk to or distract workers operating machines, devices or equipment.
- Do not block exits, fire extinguishers or other emergency equipment.
- All accidents or environmental incidents must be immediately reported to your Gallagher Corporation escort.
Dial 911 for Police, Fire, and Ambulance
- First aid kits are located outside of restrooms in each manufacturing building.
- AED’s are located in each office and outside of restrooms in each manufacturing building.
- Situations which might lead to evacuation from the building include fire and natural gas leaks.
- Listen for alarms and any public address instructions.
- Stay with your Gallagher Corporation escort.
- Do not run or panic.
- Use the evacuation map below to find the nearest exit and the designated outdoor meeting area.
- Report your name and your host’s name and report any missing colleagues to the safety coordinator in charge.
- Follow instruction from the safety coordinator and first responders.
- Do not return to the building until you are instructed that you may do so.
Emergency Evacuation Map
This facility uses many types of chemicals, some of which are hazardous. If not handled or stored appropriately, it may become dangerous to the Safety and Health of you and others in the facility.
- Safety Data Sheets (SDS’s) for all approved/in use chemicals that you may come in contact with during your visit at Gallagher Corporation are available for review, upon request with your escort.
- Under no circumstances can any new/sample chemicals be brought into the Gallagher Corporation Facility without prior approval.
- Comply with Gallagher Corporation waste disposal policies. Every waste has its place. Consult your Gallagher Corporation escort for proper waste disposal.
- Acquire prior approval for any new materials, processes or equipment brought on site.
- Report any chemical spill events to your escort for proper clean-up, decontamination, and disposal.
- Be committed to protect the environment in accordance with our environmental policy.
Gallagher Corporation is committed to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OSHA standards for Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality management systems.
These systems allow us to:
- Comply with Health, Safety and Environmental regulations.
- Prevent injuries, occupational illness and environmental pollution.
- Provide continual improvement throughout Gallagher Corporation.
All visitors must leave through the reception area in which they entered and sign out when leaving the Gallagher Corporation.
Please direct any observed safety or environmental concerns to your escort, who will report the observations directly to our Environmental, Health, and Safety Manager.