Your Proven Polyurethane Manufacturer Partner
Have you got tough demands for a custom molded polyurethane part? Looking for an injection molded and cast polyurethane manufacturer to meet those demands?
Look no further — Gallagher is the best custom cast polyurethane manufacturer you will find.
Gallagher’s technical prowess as a cast polyurethane manufacturer, our material science knowledge, proven quality, and continuously advancing processing capabilities help solve even your most challenging polyurethane manufacturing puzzles.
As our customers will tell you, our cast polyurethane manufacturer team always does whatever it takes to meet their needs.
- New products for ongoing production runs or conversions from other materials
- Part weight ranging from 1/10 ounce to over 2,000 pounds (a few grams to over 1,000 kg)
- Liquid cast, compression molded, transfer molded, and polyurethane injection molding
- Metal bonded to polyurethane
But, Gallagher is not just any cast polyurethane manufacturer. We are a cast polyurethane manufacturer that produces tough parts for the toughest demands. Our custom polyurethane cast parts and polyurethane injection molding parts are guaranteed to meet your specifications and are delivered on-time. Our polyurethane manufacturing facility is our greatest selling tool. You are welcome to visit anytime.
Not in the neighborhood? Watch our video at the bottom of this page.
Custom Polyurethane Manufacturer Parts Examples
Gallagher creates custom polyurethane parts for a wide variety of tough applications – including marine use and subsea components, track shoes for crawling/rolling equipment, air and oil bladders, food machinery, and much more.
As a cast polyurethane manufacturer, every project we take on is custom, here are some examples of the wide array of polyurethane parts we produce in partnership with our demanding clients. Visit our part examples page to view more options.
You Come into Contact With Gallagher Polyurethane Products Everyday.
What Are Polyurethane Elastomers?
Polyurethane elastomers (urethane elastomers) are one type of a large family of elastic polymers called rubber.
There are 14 types of rubber in general use. All of these polyurethane elastomers have been commercially successful, but they are all different in several ways. The chart below provides a quick initial screening guide of these polyurethane elastomers.
- Toluene Diisocyanate (TDI)
- Diphenylmethane Diisocyanate (MDI)
- Paraphenylene Diisocyanate (PPDI)
- Toluidine Diisocyanate (TODI)
- 1,5-Naphthylene Diisocyanate (NDI)
- PPG Polyether
- PTMEG Polyether
- 1,4-Butanediol (BD)
- Ethacure 300
While Gallagher Corporation has the technical expertise and equipment to process any of these materials, the combinations most typical to Gallagher include:
- TDI Polyester with hardness ranging from 70A to 75D
- MDI Polyester with hardness ranging from 85A to 95A
- TDI PTMEG Polyether with hardness ranging from 90A to 75D
- MDI PTMEG Polyether with hardness ranging from 60A to 95A
- TDI Polycaprolactone with hardness ranging from 60A to 55D
- NDI Polyester (Vulkollan®) with hardness ranging from 65A to 60D
TDI Polyester materials cured with MOCA produce tough elastomers that have outstanding abrasion resistance and excellent oil and aliphatic solvent resistance.
MDI Polyester materials cured with 1,4-Butanediol produce FDA wet and dry food grade urethanes which are tough, abrasion and tear resistant.
TDI PTMEG Polyether materials cured with MOCA have excellent low temperature flexibility, excellent dynamic properties are resistant to microbial attack and hydrolysis.
MDI PTMEG Polyether materials cured with 1,4-Butanediol have high resilience (even at low temperatures), great dynamic properties, outstanding hydrolysis resistance and improved resistance to impingement type abrasion. Some MDI Ethers can be formulated to be FDA wet and dry food approved.
TDI Polycaprolactone materials cured with MOCA have better hydrolysis resistance than other polyesters, while maintaining great resistance to abrasion. These materials also have great tear strength even at low hardness.
NDI Polyester cured with 1,4-Butanediol is trademarked with the name Vulkollan. Vulkollan is an ultra-high performance material that has the highest mechanical load bearing ability and is the best choice in highly dynamic applications.
Gallagher Corporation is a charter member of the Polyurethane Manufacturers Association.
The Polyurethane Manufacturers Association is dedicated to the cast polyurethane industry. Its purpose is:
1. To promote and maintain an organization for the mutual advancement and welfare of its members and of the polyurethane elastomer industry by all proper, suitable and lawful means.
2. To exchange and disseminate information among its members as to improvements, standards, processing of raw materials, and advancements in the economics relative to the polyurethane elastomer industry.
3. To monitor regulatory and legislative committees and governmental agencies, provide input to these committees and agencies where necessary, and to take whatever affirmative steps are required to protect our industry from actions of these agencies in the best interest of our industry and its employees.
4. To foster a spirit of good will among its members, to promulgate ethical practices in their relationship with each other, their customers and the public, to the end that all interests may be served fairly.
5. To assist the members in all proper ways relative to matters affecting their welfare within the scope and functions set forth in these by-laws.
Through networking, research, knowledge sharing and more, we help our members, other manufacturers and consumers make the most of the versatile, durable material that is cast polyurethane.
The Value of Partnering with Gallagher As Your Cast Polyurethane Manufacturer
Ask about our Gallagher Quality Guarantee!
- Great products — On time
- Guaranteed to meet your specifications
- Performance will vary based on formulation and application.
- Contact us to find out what guarantee we can provide for your specific, custom product or application.